Here is a running list of my robotics projects:
- Recon Robot (complete). The Reconnaissance Robot was a senior project developed by myself and three other ECE students at the University of New Hampshire during the 2010/2011 school year. This robot was designed to be driven remotely into unknown or hostile areas and provide various sensory data wirelessly back to the operator. The project was overall successful and received the Best ECE Project award at the 2011 UNH ISE.
- plat4m (in progress). plat4m provides a common core C interface for embedded software projects to underlying embedded systems. The idea is that plat4m sits between your embedded application and the various drivers to control your system, increasing code reusability and decreasing development time. plat4m will be light enough to run on both small 8-bit systems and larger 32-bit systems with real-time operating systems.
- slyImu (in progress). slyImu is built on the Arduino-compatible Mongoose IMU hardware from ckdevices and is the first project to run plat4m. The IMU houses a 3-axis accelerometer, a 3-axis gyroscope, a 3-axis magnetometer, and a barometer/altimeter that are all connected via I2c to an Atmega328p. The measured raw data is output via a UART.
- slyCopter (in progress). slyCopter is a quad-copter with a custom high-performance on-board controller. The system is controlled by an STM32F4 (via the STM32F4 Discovery board) that receives raw data from a slyImu and a 10Hz GPS for autonomous navigation. The goal is to add tilting rotors and design the fuselage as a wing to improve velocity and efficiency.
- plat4mation (future). plat4mation takes the idea behind plat4m one step further. plat4mation is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) that will allow you to customize your plat4m projects and will automatically add the required code in the right places.